Friday, August 29, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

I have these moments often but especially on Wednesday. It started out with a grocery store trip that ran too long, so the little guy and I missed Toddlercize at the Y. Since I didn't get to exercise, I thought that I would walk to my daughter's school. It's about 1.5-2 miles away. The little guy and I picked her up and on the way home the little guy starts screaming "Pawk" which means park. We detoured and stop by the "Pawk". Rather than just backtracking, I decide to take another route, which added about another mile to the journey. Yikes! We finally arrive home, my legs were burning from the 5 mile trek and pushing 70 pounds (their combined weight and I have no idea how much the double wide stroller weighs). Dinner still needed to be cooked. What was I thinking?!?

There was another saga going on at the home when we arrive. My hubby was asked to make a pound cake for the kid's school, he enjoys baking when he has time. He made the first batch of cakes and after they cooled noted they had the wrong consistency. They were good though! He made the second batch of cakes using a new recipe (1-2-3-4 Pound Cake) and I think they got done at 11:15 pm. Frosting would have to be done in the morning. Of course we both overslept the next morning and he has 1 hour to make frosting from scratch and get it on the cakes. He gets it done. But I know he was saying to himself - What was I thinking when I agreed to this request. On the drive to school the cake slid a little, so I had to do a little repair work once I got there. When I went to pick up my daughter the cake was gone, so I guess it was quite tasty.

No comments: