
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Mittens Complete
Now that the weather is pretty chilly here in GA, the kids' school requested that all children have hat and gloves. My daughter has a pair but I thought it would be good just to leave a pair at school in her cubby. So I found an easy pattern on Lion Brand and whipped these up (already had the yarn they specified). They look okay (I did an average job) but they are definitely functional. They came home on Day 1 full of wood chips - so all is well. My son keeps asking "Where mine, Mommy". He has 2 pair of store bought gloves so he's good. He is modeling the gloves because my daughter was "too busy". If I make these again I will use wool or a blend. I am trying to phase out the majority of my synthetic yarns and replace with yarns from natural fibers. That's a whole "nother" post.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment