Sunday, August 23, 2009

Clutter Buster

I have decided to start the long journey of decluttering my home. I don't have a lot of cash to invest in fancy organizing/storage pieces so I will have to get creative. There is just too much stuff in our home and plus we don't have a heck of a lot of storage space since we live in a renovated 1940's bungalow. The person that renovated this home forgot to add some extra closets ie linen closet, coat closet, pantry from the original design. Hellloooo... these are basic necessities.
I've decided to start with paper - old bills, children's artwork, mail, etc. Check out out this recycle pile. Yep that's 7 plus inches of stuff taking up precious space (there's a magazine that's inflating the value to 8 plus inches). I recycle junk mail weekly but this was stuff hiding in file cabinets and drawers. My shred pile was almost 3 inches tall. Don't ask me why I'm measuring, I guess it is the engineer in me. I'll keep you updated with my progress throughout the year.

No comments: