Saturday, March 27, 2010

Patching Pants

My Little Guy is rough and tough. He is always in motion - jumping, running, sliding, falling, flipping etc. His pants usually fail before they are too small - holey knees, rips, tears and so on. If you have active little boys and girls - you know what I'm talking about. My Daughter blows out the knees in her pants and leggings as well but that's going to be another post. Since summer is coming soon - I want his pants to make it until shorts weather if possible.

I patched this pair of pants (made these myself while ago) to figure out the process and plan to do another pair soon. I used the original material which after several washes doesn't even look the same. I took the button and strap from another pair of pants. I am please with this temporary fix. He likes them too.


No comments: