Monday, August 4, 2008

Flower Power Scrappy Style

I made my daughter a new little outfit. It was super simple but the top took awhile since I did a patchwork style. The pants are an old Butterick pattern (which I modified the shape for a more modern fit) and the top is modification of M5419. I only had a yard of material and that was chewed up with the pants. I had some pieces left over and I knew I wanted a matching top. I thought of buying a white T and and making an applique from the leftover scraps of material. Then I got a creative thought. I was about to throw out this shirt. I spilled something on it. I had a pair of her old pants that were too worn to give away and I also had pieces from a pair of jeans I cut up last year to make her a skirt. Here is the final result. I thought it came out real cute. I am really proud of it!

1 comment:

SweetParadise said...

How cute!!! Love the flowers!